TLE Law is a boutique law firm located in downtown Edmonton specializing in Aboriginal Law. We are looking for a full-time legal assistant to provide administrative support in conjunction with our existing support staff.
- Managing calendars and scheduling appointments;
- Draft, review, and preparing correspondence, pleadings, and affidavits;
- Filing pleadings with various levels of the Courts;
- Managing the workflow for a team of lawyers;
- Preparation of accounts and time entry;
- Organizing documents on file (both hard copies and electronic copies);
- Handling sensitive and confidential information while maintaining client confidentiality;
- Handling incoming telephone inquiries and mail;
- Conducting court searches;
- General administrative tasks such as photocopying, scanning, preparing binders, and file management; and
- Performing other related administrative tasks as requested.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong understanding of legal procedures, scheduling, limitations, and deadlines for civil litigation matters;
- High professionalism;
- Self-starter who takes initiative;
- Exceptional proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills;
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Knowledge and ability to use MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; and
- Ability to learn and use timekeeping and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate from an accredited legal assistant program.
- 2 – 5 years experience as a legal assistant.
- Knowledge or experience in civil litigation would be considered an asset.
Salary will be paid commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume and references to the attention of Gail Courtoreille, Office Manager, at email@example.com.